On the heels of DC’s landmark release of ACTION COMICS #1000, this milestone issue of the longest-running superhero comic book in history will debut in a deluxe hardcover format, containing more than eighty pages of some of the top names in comics paying tribute to Superman. Available on September 26, the ACTION COMICS #1000 DELUXE EDITION hardcover will feature previously unreleased story scripts, sketches and more.
“Not only was the release of ACTION COMICS #1000 a huge step for DC, it was a momentous release for the industry as a whole,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “We heard from countless comic book shop owners that ACTION COMICS #1000 brought fans into their shops like never before, as everyone wanted to be a part of this historic moment.”
The deluxe edition hardcover of ACTION COMICS #1000 will include:
- All eighty pages featuring stories and artwork by Brian Michael Bendis/Jim Lee, Dan Jurgens/Norm Rapmund, Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason, Tom King/Clay Mann, Geoff Johns & Richard Donner/Oliver Coipel, Brad Meltzer/John Cassaday and Laura Martin, Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan, Louise Simonson/Jerry Ordway and more.
- A gallery of eighteen unique retailer variants (open to buy and retailer exclusives) and the eight decade-themed variant covers from artists including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Dave Gibbons, Joshua Middleton and more.
- Scripts for each of the stories featured in ACTION COMICS #1000
- A side by side panel/page comparisons for the Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason story “Never Ending Battle”
- The original art for the Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan story “An Enemy Within”
- The Paul Levitz/Neal Adams story from ACTION COMICS: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN, “The Game”
- Design sketches from Jim Lee
- A complete reprint of the stories that started it all—the Superman stories ACTION COMICS #1 and 2 from 1938!
“We were blown away by the response to ACTION COMICS #1000, and we wanted to gather together even more behind the scenes material such as sketches, scripts, etc. so fans can take a peek inside this historic release,” said DC Publisher Jim Lee. “This is not only a must-have for any Superman fan, but also any fan of comics, entertainment or pop culture.”